WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
When you express an interest in becoming a member of the U3A you will be asked to provide certain information. This includes:
- Home address
- Email address
- Telephone numbers
- Subscription preferences
- Gift Aid
- Add any other data that we ask for
HOW DO WE COLLECT THIS PERSONAL INFORMATION?
All the information collected is obtained directly from you. This is usually at the point of your initial registration. The information will be collected via a membership form, online contact forms or through participation in Interest Groups.
The lawful basis for collecting and storing your information is due to the contractual relationship that you, as a member, have with the U3A. In order to inform you about the groups, activities and events that you can access as a member we need to store and process a certain amount of personal data.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION? We use your personal information:
- To provide our U3A activities and services to you
- For administration, planning and management of our U3A
- To communicate with you about your group activities
- To monitor, develop and improve the provision of our U3A activities
- For delivery of the Trust publication – Third Age Matters
We may send you messages by email, telephone and post to advise you of U3A activities.
WHO DO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH?
We may disclose information about you, including your personal information:
• Internally – to committee members and group leaders – as required to facilitate your participation in U3A activities.
- Externally – for products or services such as direct mailing for the Trust magazine – Third Age Matters. The magazine is distributed by a third party processor and your information is shared with the distribution company via a secure online portal. Should you not wish to receive the magazine please contact the Membership Secretary.
- If we have a statutory duty to disclose it for legal and/or regulatory reasons. In this instance we will seek to obtain your consent. Information would be shared without consent where there were serious safety concerns and it was felt to be in your or the U3As best interests to disclose information.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We need to keep your information so that we can provide our services to you. In most instances information about your membership will not be stored for longer than 12 months. The exceptions to this are instances where there may be financial or legal reasons or insurance circumstances that require information to be held for longer whilst the issues are investigated or resolved.
HOW YOUR INFORMATION CAN BE UPDATED OR CORRECTED
To ensure the information we hold is accurate and up to date, members need to inform the U3A as to any changes to your personal information. You can do this by contacting the MembershipSecretary:
On an annual basis you will have the opportunity to update your information, as required, via the membership renewal process. Should you wish to view the information that the U3A holds on you, you can make this request by contacting the Membership Secretary – as detailed above. There may be certain circumstances where we are not able to comply with this request. This would include where the information may contain references to another individual or for legal, investigative or security reasons. Otherwise we will usually respond within one month of the request being made.
HOW DO WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We have in place a range of security safeguards to protect your personal information against loss or theft, as well as unauthorised access, disclosure, copying, use, or modification. Security measures include use of cloud storage, firewalls, use of a management database system. Your membership information is held on a secure database and spreadsheet and may be accessed by Committee members, the Newsletter Editor, the Database Administrator and the Database Developer as appropriate. Security measures include secure passwords, firewalls and anti-virus software.
AVAILABILITY AND CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
This policy is available on the U3A website www.haddenhamu3a.co.uk. This policy may change from time to time. If we make any material changes we will make members aware of this via the newsletter and the monthly members’ meetings.
If you have any queries about this policy, need it in an alternative format or have any complaints about our privacy practices, please contact the Chairman:
Email: email@example.com, or a member of the Committee (details to be found on the website).
The above Policy and Procedures were adopted by Haddenham U3A on: 20th May 2019
Review of the above will be undertaken one year from the above date on: May 2020